> At first - do not write anything on the corrupted disk until You have
> finished rescuing data. As I understad the crash is connected to HW or
> filesystem (FS) failure (HDD).

Ok, I will do it more clearly. The server has two harddisks, one for the
system, one for the data. The system harddisk breaked, hardware failure. It
seems that this happed while mysqld was writing some data, so that some
tables are corrupted. Most tables are reconstructable, only the one where I
have only the MYD file is very important.

On filesystem level I made all rescue trials. My problem is, that only the MYD
file is still available. I tried reconstructing it with "myisamchk -r -o
table_name.MYD", but as I said without the wanted result.

My question is, if there is any solution to get a working table from this MYD
file. Because the data is saved in this file, IMHO it should. Am I right?

> Then I hope you made backups.... You, do keep backups right?

Thanks for asking, but I'm that only stupid guy in the world who has no backup
with actual data. ;-) No, that's not really funny. :-( I would bite my ass if
I could!

Karel