Hi Steve,

You have to edit a file called ".tcshrc" which resides in your users home directory, and add ":/usr/local/mysql/bin" to the PATH environment variable.

The tricky part is, this file is not visible to any text editor (for example BBEdit), so I always use a command line editor, for example (start terminal):

vi .tcshrc

Then use the down arrow key to search through the file to see if you find a line that begins with "setenv PATH".

If not, add the line:

setenv PATH "${PATH}:/usr/local/mysql/bin"

Otherwise add ":/usr/local/mysql/bin" to the end, for example:

setenv PATH ".:${PATH}:$HOME/bin:/usr/local/mysql/bin"

To insert in "vi" press i. When you are done inserting press ESC.

To delete a character enter "x".

To quit and save, enter ":x".

To abort changes, enter ":q!".