  From: praj
  To: Helen M Hudson
  Cc: MySQL List
  Sent: Monday, September 25, 2006 1:23 PM
  Subject: Re: adding columns to a large table

  There must be some thing went wrong with your settings in my.cnf file.For an
3 million records 24 hrs is bad :(

  > myisam_sort_buffer_size value in my.cnf ?

  Also you can apporx check the status by doing file size check on the table in
database dir and the temoprory table created in the data base dir .

  --
  Praj

  Helen M Hudson wrote:
    let you know shortly or I have a table with about 3million rows and I'm
having trouble altering it to add 4 more columns.  I'm using the MySQL
Administrator and I've left it more than 24hours and its still not finished.  I
was going to try using a login to the console next, but is there a better way?
Any advice much appreciated!
    Helen