I know we can partition to_day using 5.1.  Are there plans to implement
range partitioning to_hour as well?

I'm in need of this granularity. I'm currently partitioned to_day then
sub partitioned x6 and split the Data and Indexes to different HDs for
disk speed.

Starting with an empty table, we were able to bulk insert 101 Million
rows in about 2 hours. It then took the next 12 hours to load the next
125 Million rows... It's progressively getting slower, we're now at 22
minutes to add 150000 rows. (Which I kind of expected, we Index 5
columns)

Does anyone have any ideas?  I've tried a bunch of things including
killing the indexes, loading the data then rebuilding the index
(horrible idea...   Increased load to 45Min Plus for 150000 rows).

We're attempting to validate that MySQL can handle the load. I'm in a
catch 22, I'd buy a support contract if I can prove MySQL can work. I
can't prove MySQL can work without speaking to an engineer, which they
won't do (and rightly so) without a contract.