Steve

>Is there a program out there that I can use to compare two
>databases?  Just the structure, not the content.

Here is a query that you might be able to twist into giving you what you want. Given two dbs @db1 & @db2, it lists structure diffs between them:

SELECT MIN(table_name) as TableName, table_catalog,table_schema,table_name,column_name,
 ordinal_position,column_default,is_nullable,
 data_type,character_maximum_length,character_octet_length,
 numeric_precision,numeric_scale,character_set_name,
 collation_name,column_type,column_key,
 extra,privileges,column_comment
FROM (
SELECT 'Table a' as TableName, table_catalog,table_schema,table_name,column_name,
 ordinal_position,column_default,is_nullable,
 data_type,character_maximum_length,character_octet_length,
 numeric_precision,numeric_scale,character_set_name,
 collation_name,column_type,column_key,
 extra,privileges,column_comment
 FROM information_schema.columns c1
 WHERE [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 UNION ALL
SELECT 'Table a' as TableName, table_catalog,table_schema,table_name,column_name,
 ordinal_position,column_default,is_nullable,
 data_type,character_maximum_length,character_octet_length,
 numeric_precision,numeric_scale,character_set_name,
 collation_name,column_type,column_key,
 extra,privileges,column_comment
 FROM information_schema.columns c1
 WHERE [EMAIL PROTECTED]
) AS tmp
GROUP BY tablename,
 table_catalog,table_schema,column_name,
 ordinal_position,column_default,is_nullable,
 data_type,character_maximum_length,character_octet_length,
 numeric_precision,numeric_scale,character_set_name,
 collation_name,column_type,column_key,
 extra,privileges,column_comment
HAVING COUNT(*) = 1
ORDER BY tablename,column_name;

PB

-----

Steve Buehler wrote:
Is there a program out there that I can use to compare two databases? Just the structure, not the content.

Thanks
Steve