Hi all,

I've got a database that has a few thousand rows, I've noticed that some of the search queries (especially the large ones) are taking some time. Im looking at adding indexes to my tables in order to speed up the data retrieval.

My question is as follows: At this point in time if I add the indexes to the various tables should I see immediate results in the query times or do I have to wait for new information to enter the database (only new data gets indexed?) When does the data actually get indexed? Is it when its inserted or continually when regards are inserted or updated in the database?

Thanks in advance.

Angelo Zanetti
Systems developer

*Telephone:* +27 (021) 469 1052
*Mobile:*       +27 (0) 72 441 3355
*Fax:*            +27 (0) 86 681 5885
*
Web:* http://www.zlogic.co.za
*E-Mail:* [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>