Can someone help point me in the right direction for this. This isn’t
exactly what I want but once I have the solution to this I can work out the
permutations I need.

How do I select from 3 tables into a single table (consequtive rows not
joined ones) and include a two new columns which is the name of the table
from which the data has been extracted, and a fixed piece of text.

This “select” can be executed by more than one person at a time, so I need
to extract into a transient temp table so that I can view the dataset.

e.g. I have 3 tables containing names and want to extract the rows of a
particular surname so I would have let’s say
select ‘main’, thetablename, surname from t1 into myautogentable
select ‘personal’, thetablename, surname from t2 into myautogentable
select ‘group’, thetablename, surname from t3 into myautogentable

I can then link a database grid in my program to the dataset of the
resulting query.

Kerry