The mysql client program never generates the fixed length, pipe layout from the
shell's command line.
This is only possible at mysql's command line.

1) Try this:

my -Ae "show tables;" | while read a ; do my -Ae "show create table $a"; echo

myfile.txt ; done

2) Try mysqldump in this manner

mysqldump --no-data [database] > myfile.txt

This will export the schema only using 'DROP TABLE IF EXISTS ...'
and 'CREATE TABLE ...' syntax for every table in a given database.
If database is not specified, the schema of every database, and the
'CREATE TABLE ...' for all tables per schema are exported.

3) Try using the INFORMATION_SCHEMA database

Create a SQL script (myschema.sql) using the following SQL command in it

select CONCAT('show create table `',t.table_schema,'`.`',t.table_name,'`;')
from INFORMATION_SCHEMA.tables t where t.table_schema = '<database>';

If you are doing all databases, try this:

select CONCAT('show create table `',t.table_schema,'`.`',t.table_name,'`;')
from INFORMATION_SCHEMA.tables t order by t.table_schema,t.table_name;

Then, from the shell, do this:

mysql < myschema.sql > myfile.txt

All of these solutions will generate the SQL for schema creation.
Try these out. I hope they help.

Have a good day.