Alright, I'll abandon UPC, I'm trying to serialize all components i.e. video
cards, keyboards, sound cards, etc and when I process these info into
database I would like for it to give me the image of bar code with number on
bottom and small enough to put on the metal side of components i.e. ethernet
card, sound card and so on. Here is what I found so far:

http://www.ashberg.de/php-barcode/index.php?code=01234567890&scale=2&bar=UPC

The reason why I select UPC is because it is almost impossible to become
unreadable compared to other encodes.

Any better suggestions?

On 10/16/06, Gerald L. Clark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Scott Hamm wrote:
> I'm trying to create a table as follows:
>
> CREATE TABLE Inv_Id (
> ID INT(12) AUTO_INCREMENT PRIMARY KEY,
> MID INT NOT NULL,
> FOREIGN (MID) REFERENCES 'Model' (ID)
> );
>
> How do I make ID to start out as '000000000001' for UPC barcode
assignment?

UPC barcodes are not sequential numbers.
They are composed of a casecode prefix, a manufacturers id, a
partnumber, and a check digit.

You cannot use an autoincrement number as a UPC.

--
Gerald L. Clark
Supplier Systems Corporation

`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves