Hi,

We have huge amount of data, and we are planning to use logical
partitioning to divide it over multiple machines/mysql instances. We
are planning to use Intel based machines and will prefer ISAM since
there is not much updates but mostly selects. The main table that
constitutes this much of data has about 5 columns, and rows are about
50 bytes in size, and 3 columns in this table need to be indexed.

So, what I wanted to learn is how much can we push it to the limits on
a single machine with about 2 gig rams? Do you think MYSQL can handle
~ 700-800 gigabyte on a single machine? And, is it OK to put this much
data in a single table, or should we divide it over multiple tables?
If that is the case, what would be the limit for a single table?

Any help/input on this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.