Em Wed, 01 Nov 2006 09:34:05 -0600, mos escreveu:

> At 05:56 AM 11/1/2006, Leandro Guimarães Faria Corcete DUTRA wrote:
>>
>>         Always use a DBMS, and MySQL is no (proper) DBMS without a
>> transactional backend.  There are InnoDB, which is not completely free (needs
>> a proprietary backup tool); BDB, which is deprecated until further notices;
>> and SolidDB, which is still β.
>
> Ok, so your solution is to use something else?

        Well, this is a MySQL list… you can use MySQL with InnoDB, if you are
willing to either have a proprietary backup solution or to use a β backend.

> Is there a better open source database out there for that amount of data?

        Several.  MySQL’s own MaxDB, PostgreSQL, Firebird if you are into
Borland stuff, Ingres if you need XA distributed transactions.

        I usually recommend PostgreSQL, or Ingres if two-phase commits are
needed.

--
Leandro Guimarães Faria Corcete DUTRA     +55 (11) 9406 7191 (cel)
Administrador de (Bases de) Dados         +55 (11) 2122 0302 (com)