>>data?
>> >
>> >      Several.  MySQLâ?Ts own MaxDB, PostgreSQL, Firebird if you are
into
>> > Borland stuff, Ingres if you need XA distributed transactions.
>>
>>Firebird isn't Borland :-)
>>
>> > I usually recommend PostgreSQL, or Ingres if two-phase commits are
>> > needed.
>>
>>Firebird has two-phase commits.
>
>Martijin,
>         Can Firebird store 1TB in a single table? All of FB tables are
>stored in a single .GDB file, so is it possible to even split the table
>across several drives?

You can split a database across multiple drives, but you cannot
direct a specific table to be in this or that part of the database. As
far as I know, this make it possible that internally, tables are
split across drives, but you cannot tell Firebird to do it directly.

As for 1TB - I must admit I don't know, there's probably a maximum
number of rows, not data though.

>         There is also the Falcon table engine that is coming out for
>MySQL, but MySQL AB claims it is *not* a replacement for InnoDb. So why
>introduce it?

Falcon will be part of MySQL, unline InnoDB, which is licenses [from
Oracle].

I would not agree with the remark that Falcon is not a replacement, as far
as I
understood, Falcon has a transactional storage engine, including Foreign
Keys
(Jim wouldn't do a database without em), MGA and more...

Martijn Tonies
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com
My thoughts: