On 11/2/06, Leandro Guimarães Faria Corcete DUTRA wrote:
Em Wed, 01 Nov 2006 09:34:05 -0600, mos escreveu:

> Is there a better open source database out there for that amount of data?

        Several.  MySQL's own MaxDB, PostgreSQL, Firebird if you are into
Borland stuff, Ingres if you need XA distributed transactions.

        I usually recommend PostgreSQL, or Ingres if two-phase commits are
needed.

PostgreSQL supports 2 phase commit. IIRC except for transaction
interleaving, join and suspend/resume it supports XA. I think that
puts it about on par with Ingres and Firebird.

Jochem