At 11:09 PM 11/7/2006 +0200, Panos Tsapralis wrote:
>so, your only hope is to have a rather fresh backup of your database.

You don't have to worry too much about backup freshness if you also have
logging enabled.  Then you can always recover the database (or just one table)
by reverting to the state in the backup, and then applying the commands in the
log file up to right before the undesired statement.

I performed such a recovery once by hand (after accidentally leaving the WHERE
off of an UPDATE), and it worked perfectly.  There is at least one (free) tool
that will do this automatically, too.

- TK