Afan, the password hashing is different, starting with 4.1.  Also the
JOINs were changed / made to comply with standard in 5.0.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/password-hashing.html
and
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/join.html

Dan

hi,
we are in the process of moving from our old hosting company to new one.
and I was thinking that it's the best time to move from mysql 4 to version
5. currently, we use php 4.3.4 / mysql 4.0.18 / apache 2.0

where I can expect problems because of difference in versions?
all queries I use are really simple, "standard" if I can say so.

Thanks for any help.

-afan