Hi Mohsen,

Thanks for the advise. On my AIX system as root, dot files not hidden. For instance my mysql home directory looks like:

drwxr-xr-x  16 mysql    mysql          4096 04 Dec 20:18 .
drwxr-xr-x  31 root     system         4096 09 Nov 15:12 ..
drwxr-xr-x   2 mysql    mysql          4096 13 Oct 2005  bin
drwxr-xr-x   3 mysql    mysql           256 04 Dec 20:05 etc
drwxr-xr-x   2 mysql    mysql           256 13 Oct 2005  info
drwxr-xr-x   3 mysql    mysql           256 07 Oct 2005  lib
drwxr-xr-x   2 mysql    mysql           256 13 Oct 2005  libexec
drwxr-xr-x   3 mysql    mysql          4096 04 Dec 23:50 logs
drwxr-xr-x   2 mysql    mysql           256 07 Oct 2005  lost+found
drwxr-xr-x   3 mysql    mysql           256 12 Oct 2005  man
-rw-rw----   1 mysql    staff             7 04 Dec 20:18 mysql.pid
srwxrwxrwx   1 mysql    staff             0 04 Dec 20:18 mysql.sock
drwxr-xr-x   6 mysql    mysql          4096 13 Oct 2005  mysql-test
drwxr-xr-x   3 mysql    mysql           256 07 Oct 2005  share
drwxr-xr-x   5 mysql    mysql          4096 13 Oct 2005  sql-bench
drwxr-xr-x   2 mysql    mysql           256 05 Dec 10:23 tmp

There is no file for the Query Cache.

I am sure that since this is a memory structure, there must be a command in MySql or an admin tool which can be used to expose the Queries.

If anybody knows this really would be very useful.

Regards, Ben.

Mohsen Pahlevanzadeh wrote:
Ben Clewett wrote:

Hi Mohsen,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm looking in the home directory, as well as the other directories used by mysql and I can't see any files which I do not recognise. (I am UNIX so there are no hidden files.)

I am also a little confuses as the Query Cache is entirely a memory structure, does it use a file?

If you have the name of the Query Cache file, this would be very useful.

Regards,

Ben.

Mohsen Pahlevanzadeh wrote:
Ben Clewett wrote:

Dear MySql,

Can you please tell me if there is a tool to view the queries stored in the Query Cache?

Regards,

Ben Clewett.

Yes,If you see to mysql homeDIR,You see a hidden file that it's contain of your queries.

Hidden files are started with a dot in UNIX world.
If you see them,You must type ls -a
--Mohsen