Thanks,

I have the previous ib_log* files on the app server. And every thing on the cnf
file was perfect. Only the ib_log file's size was a mismatch. Whats the best
work around?

Can I copy the log files of the App server to the DB server and change the
innodb_log_file_size to 256M and then restart the MySQL server.

If I do so will I lose the updates to the database that happened today?

So my actual problem is this:

I have two sets of ib_logfile* files. To be particular there are
  a.. ib_logfile0, ib_logfile1, ib_logfile2 on  the App server    -    each
257M (when i did a du -sh). In the my.cnf file of the App server
innodb_log_file_size is set to 256M
  b.. ib_logfile0, ib_logfile1, ib_logfile2 on  the DB server      -    each
5M. These log files were created freshly by the MySQL server as the log files
from the App server was not copied to the DB server.

                In the my.cnf file of the DB server innodb_log_file_size is set
to 5M by mistake. All the other settings were same as on the app server.

The ibdata1 file is that of the App server. And I get the log sequence errors
as shown in my previous post. But everything seems to be working fine. There
have been no problems accessing the data.

What I can I possibly do to get everything right. How can I correct the log
sequence error?

Should the log files of App server be in the DB server?

Thanks,

Ratheesh K J