From: Ratheesh K J Date: December 11 2006 10:23am
Subject: Re: Innodb log sequence error - urgent

Get Plain Text

Thanks,

I have the previous ib_log* files on the app server. And every thing on the cnf file was perfect. Only the ib_log file's size was a mismatch. Whats the best work around?

Can I copy the log files of the App server to the DB server and change the
innodb_log_file_size to 256M and then restart the MySQL server.

If I do so will I lose the updates to the database that happened today?

So my actual problem is this:

I have two sets of ib_logfile* files. To be particular there are
a.. ib_logfile0, ib_logfile1, ib_logfile2 on the App server - each 257M (when i did a du -sh). In the my.cnf file of the App server innodb_log_file_size is set to 256M b.. ib_logfile0, ib_logfile1, ib_logfile2 on the DB server - each 5M. These log files were created freshly by the MySQL server as the log files from the App server was
not copied to the DB server.

In the my.cnf file of the DB server innodb_log_file_size is set to 5M by mistake. All
the other settings were same as on the app server.

The ibdata1 file is that of the App server. And I get the log sequence errors as shown in my previous post. But everything seems to be working fine. There have been no problems
accessing the data.

What I can I possibly do to get everything right. How can I correct the log sequence
error?

Should the log files of App server be in the DB server?

Thanks,

Ratheesh K J