GRANT (ALL|SELECT|INSERT|UPDATE|DELETE|etc) ON DATABASE.* TO
'user'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY 'password'

See http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/grant.html for details.

Note that localhost is considered as a special case, not included in
the wildcard %

HTH,
Dan

On 12/13/06, Brent Anderson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello.

I'm developing a client application for several platforms that will
need to connect to a remote MySQL database. Unfortunately, MySQL
refuses connections from external IP's that aren't allowed and since
the clients using this will be on unknown IP addresses (their home
computers), I'm in a bit of a situation. How does one setup a MySQL
account with no IP restrictions?

Thanks,
Brent Anderson