Scott Yamahata wrote:
Newbie question here. Using Mac OSX Server 10.4.4. Do most MySQL tasks in terminal window. Recently purchased software that tells me to go to Control Panel (which I don't think I have--though I have MySQL tools) and load their file onto the MySQL database.
Generally that sort of thing refers to an SQL file which runs a sequence of SQL commands to setup a database easily. OSX Server should have a terminal (if it doesn't I'll eat my shoe), so you can do like so:

mysql -u [database user] -h [host, you can skip this if it's localhost] -p [database] < file.sql

Hope that works.