From: Nuno Oliveira <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: mysql@lists.mysql.com
Sent: Friday, January 12, 2007 10:04:34 AM GMT-0500 US/Eastern
Subject: Row position in table when sorted?

Hello,

I'm working on a web site which have a page for the admin
to browse the clients table in a database.

To facilitate the interaction, I'm ORDERing BY Name...

The pagination buttons in this page are something like:

        href=".....?Page=7"

and when loaded, it will

        "SELECT * FROM Clients ORDER BY Name LIMIT 7,1"

This is working perfectly but now I have a problem.
I've done a page to find a client and I display the
clients names in a table (Using CSS) but I don't know
where to link to??? I apply a query and retrieve let's
say 14 clients that match. What should the LIMIT value???
This is what I don't know how to do... Please help?

Is there a way to know the position of a certain row if
all the rows are selected and in a specific order?

Thanks