Hello, I'm looking for help in merging the contents of two database tables with identical columns between them. A base set of data will be stored in the "permanent" table, and incremental additions and/or changes will be introduced in the "staging" table the ID's of the data in the tables is the only thing which won't be in sync.

Initially looking through the documentation, a 'natural join' seemed to be the best way to highlight changes. My ideal result would have been all of the entries from the staging table not in the permanent table, however I'm unclear on how to form a query without explicitly naming each row name and using it with a comparison operation.

Any help on this subject would be appreciated!

thanks!
-lev