Marty Landman wrote:
The table was created and then loaded and not modified in any way I'm aware
of afterwards. It's on a local, only accessible by me server.

Really weird thing about it is that I wrote/ran a program specifically to
find any gaps in the id sequence - because of the size of the table it took
days to run but the result was

1-100537311

IOW it confirms the max id that Mysql gave, but also indicates that there
are no gaps in the row id's all the way through. This doesn't make sense to
me in light of Mysql reporting the count as posted previously i.e.

mysql> select count(*) from fidcid;
+-----------+
| count(*)  |
| 100480507 |
1 row in set (0.09 sec)

If this table is InnoDB, then count(*) is
just an approximation.

--
Gerald L. Clark
Supplier Systems Corporation