Grant Griffith wrote:
I am trying to add an autoincrement field to a table that already exists
and I keep receiving errors when trying to do it.  Can someone point me
in the right direction on how I can do this?  I have access via Webadmin
and phpMyAdmin, so I can try it however I need to.

ALTER TABLE [table] ADD [fieldname] [integer type] not null auto_increment key;

or if you want it to be the primary key:
ALTER TABLE [table] ADD [fieldname] [integer type] not null auto_increment primary key;

Keep in mind that you can have only one auto_increment column and it must be part of a key.

regards
Nils