[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: mysql@lists.mysql.com
Sent: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 10:00 AM
Subject: Re: Breaking Up Tables

It's nothing to do with mysqldump - it's part of the SELECT syntax for regular queries.
Then I'm confused as to what you're suggesting I do. I need to create mysqldump
files of *parts* of a table in a database, because the entire table is just too
big to move under the current circumstances. So, the end result should be a
bunch of little mysqldump files that are each a part of this table in this
database. Then I need to be able to rebuild the table by inserting the parts.
Can you suggest a way to do that?
TIA,
Tony

if you have shell access on the server, why not just use
split?  Create your big dump file, split it into smaller
chunks and use cat on the other end to reassemble the pieces.
if you don't, just have someone at your host provider who does
do it.

Eugene

Eugene Mah, M.Sc., DABR               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Medical Physicist/Misplaced Canuck    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Department of Radiology               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Medical University of South Carolina  "For I am a Bear of Very Little
Charleston, South Carolina             Brain, and long words Bother
http://www.netcom.com/~eugenem/        me."   Winnie the Pooh
http://radinfo.musc.edu/~eugenem/blog/
PGP KeyID = 0x1F9779FD, 0x319393F4
PGP keys available on request         ICQ 3113529                 O-