On 09.03.2007 17:12 CE(S)T, Bruno Rodrigues Silva wrote:
> I understand that theses values are unrelated to the range of
> datatype values, however i did not saw any diference when i use
> int(4) or int(8)
>
> Some idea?

Isn't it a bit useless to specify the visual, decimal length of a
numeric data type that's internally stored in bits? I never specify a
"length" of a number, but use SMALLINT, INT etc instead. If my INT field
holds a value that takes 6 digits in decimal, what should be the output
if the column was declared INT(3)? Is it allowed to drop some data?

(Resending because the list wasn't added to the recipients.)

--
Yves Goergen "LonelyPixel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>