From: Mike van Hoof [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2007 3:19 AM
To: Christophe Gregoir
Cc: mysql
Subject: Re: ORDER BY question

Thanks, that is also a solution.

Friend of mine pointed me to the following:

            SELECT *, DATE_FORMAT(deadline, '%d-%m-%Y') as deadline_f,
            CASE `status`
                WHEN 'not yet started' then 1
                WHEN 'in progress' then 4
                WHEN 'finished' then 5
                WHEN 'now hiring' then 3
                WHEN 'waiting' then 2
                WHEN 'closed' then 6
            END AS sorted_grade
            FROM v_issue_project_task
            ORDER BY sorted_grade

- Mike

Medusa, Media Usage Advice B.V.
Science Park Eindhoven 5216
5692 EG SON
tel: 040-24 57 024
fax: 040-29 63 567
url: www.medusa.nl
mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Uw bedrijf voor Multimedia op Maat

Christophe Gregoir schreef:
> Hey Mike,
>
> Sounds like you would be better of with an ENUM of integers, e.g.
> ENUM(-1,1,2,3) where -1 stands for to be started, 1 for started and so

> on.
> To answer your question:
> ORDER BY `status` = 'to be started', `status` = 'started', `status` =
> 'finished', `status` = 'canceled'
>
> Mike van Hoof wrote:
>> Hello everybody,
>>
>> I got a small problem with ordering on en ENUM field. The values in
>> this field are:
>> - to be started
>> - started
>> - finished
>> - canceled
>>
>> And i want to order on this field, but in the direction the are above

>> here (and not alpabetically).
>> Is that possible?
>>
>> - Mike

3/20/2007 8:07 AM