Hello,

I have a fairly sizeable aggregate table that is built from a large amount of data that is going to receive a large volume of reads. I am looking at possibly using the rename to swap the table out regularly with an updated one. Is this a viable solution for a table that experiences a large number of reads? Will it work? What are the drawbacks?

Having never done this with MySQL, I am hoping to get some advice from others who may have attempted this, are in the know, etc....Any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul J. Boyes