In news:[EMAIL PROTECTED],
"Ananda Kumar" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Is it possible for me to move all these files to a new db on a new
> machine. If you can you please let know how it can be done or guide
> to any url, it would be of great help.

You cannot do this with copying .ibd files alone, but in most cases you can
move to a different server all the InnoDB information (.idb files, shared
tablespace(s), log files, database parameters regarding InnoDB log files and
tablespaces (count, sizes, filenames)), with appropriate .frm files. This
would of course require the new server not to contain any earlier InnoDB
data or it will be lost.

I don't know if there are any guides covering this particular operation.
Perhaps some InnoDB backup&resotre guides will be helpful as this is
virtually what you want to do.

Maciek