But this slave can not have direct access to the master. Is
there a way I can achive this?

If the slave cannot have access to Master how can we call it as a Slave. I
would rather call that as a server where you want to dump the mysql/data
directory of the Master. better write a nightly shell script which simply
copies the mysql/data directory from master to backup server.

On 4/9/07, Ravi Kumar. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Can any one help me please?