Ravi Kumar. wrote:
Can any one help me please?

Ravi Kumar. wrote:
Hi All,

We have a MySQL 5.0 server (master) running on Windows. For backup, I wish to setup another system with same version of MySQL to act as backup / slave. But this slave can not have direct access to the master. Is there a way I can achive this? I do not wish to take a full dump in master. Would it work, if I take the binary replication logs manually from master and "provide" it to slave? Any other way to achieve desired results.

You could copy the binary logs to the slave manually, then run mysqlbinlog on them and pipe the output directly into the slave:

   mysqlbinlog master.log | mysql -h slave

I have never tried it, but you should be able to copy the binlogs and start the slave from a certain position in them (pretending that they are relay logs, as though the I/O thread had copied them). Look at the manual page for CHANGE MASTER TO.

Other options: copy files from the master (rsync may help make this more efficient), data synchronizing programs (http://forums.mysql.com/list.php?27)
Baron