From: nikos [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 11:41 AM
To: Jerry Schwartz; mysql@lists.mysql.com
Subject: Re: select first letters

Jerry do you know if there is a php command that returns ascci number of a
letter?
I'll want to use chr() command because I want to transfer via link the
letter to next page but greek characters transformed to something like
"%CE%9C".
Thank you

Jerry Schwartz wrote:

It would depend upon the collating sequence for the field.

Regards,

Jerry Schwartz

Global Information Incorporated

195 Farmington Ave.