Hi John -

using --xml or --html as an argument and redirecting to a file seems to work
here.  As in,

mysql -u me -psecret -D database --html -e "select * from that_table" >
~/test_file.html

HTH,
Dan

On 5/8/07, John Kebbel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

When I try using the --xml or --html option with a batch file using INTO
OUTFILE 'dirpath', the --xml or --html option seems to be ignored in
favor of the tab-delimited default. (If I get rid of the INTO OUTFILE,
xml or html displays fine in the terminal.)

I tried using the pager to write to a file from inside MySQL. I
succeeded, but it was table data. I couldn't figure out how to add the
--xml or --html options from inside the pager.

I tried the redirection operator from the command line, but I haven't
stumbled on the correct syntax if such a syntax does exist.

Does anyone know how to write an --xml or --html file from a SELECT
statement, either from the command line or from a batch file? This would
really be useful information.

Thanks in advance for reading or responding.