I am fairly newbie at MySQL in general, not to mention
MySQL on Windows which I've never used, but I'll trow
my 2 cents here.

Instead of installing a whole new set of files,
wouldn't that be easier just to start a 2nd instance
of the MySQL server using a different configuration
file? indicating a different port, socket file, and
new datadir?

regards,
Enrique.

"What you have been obliged to discover