On 5/15/07, Ananda Kumar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi All,
I have take a mysqldump of my entire database, is it possible to restore
just one table from this mysqldump.

Yes thats possible.

cat <your-dump-filename> | grep "tablename u want to restore" > mysql -u
user -ppassword should do it.

Also, i have taken binary backup of my database, and one of the datafile
is
corrupt, is it possible to restore just this file from backup and start
the
mysqldb. Mysql database is running in innodb engine.

If all files are from the same cold binary backup, then you will be able to
do a restore. Else it will be highly unlikely.

~Alex