Hi everybody,

On Friday 18 May 2007 14:50:55 Brent Baisley wrote:
> You may be running into file system file size "limits". You would need to
> make sure the file system you are using is set to handle files larger than
> 4GB, in addition, you need to check that the account mysqld us running
> under is allowed to create files larger than 4GB. Just because the OS and
> file system can handle and access large memory/file configurations, it
> doesn't mean the user accounts are permitted to.

There are no big databases:
sql:~# du -hs /var/lib/mysql
1,4G    /var/lib/mysql

I am using ext3 as Filesystem and don't get any errors from mysql which say
that there might be problems with filesize.

Some is more info:

After doing 1000 inserts , I get the following:

mysql> check table community_msgin;
+-------------------------+-------+----------+----------------------------------------------+

+-------------------------+-------+----------+----------------------------------------------+
| g.community_msgin | check | warning  | Table is marked as crashed
     |
| g.community_msgin | check | error    | Wrong bytesec: 0-0-0 at linkstart:
416860428 |
| g.community_msgin | check | error    | Corrupt

+-------------------------+-------+----------+----------------------------------------------+
3 rows in set (5.80 sec)

Then I do a repair:

mysql> repair table community_msgin;
+-------------------------+--------+----------+--------------------------------------------------+

+-------------------------+--------+----------+--------------------------------------------------+
| g.community_msgin | repair | info    | Wrong bytesec:  0-  0-  0 at
416860428; Skipped |
| g.community_msgin | repair | info    | Wrong bytesec:  0-  0-  0 at
416960348; Skipped |
| g.community_msgin | repair | warning  | Number of rows changed from 1143479
to 1143474  |
| goolive.community_msgin | repair | status  | OK

+-------------------------+--------+----------+--------------------------------------------------+
4 rows in set (19.36 sec)

Then the table is OK until I insert again.

Cheers,
   Christoph

--
NMMN - New Media Markets & Networks GmbH
Geschäftsführung: Kfm. Michael Schütt

http://www.nmmn.com               Tel.: +49 40 284 118 -0
Langbehnstrasse 6                 Technische Hotline   -700
22761 Hamburg                     Fax:                 -999

Rufen Sie uns kostenlos an: http://www.nmmn.com/call/technik