I'm trying to convert a primarily php script which does a zip code lookup
into a mostly mysql one.  I've got alot of the math done, but don't know
how to pull some of the data from my tables.  Here's the scenario, I have
to get the number of miles between 2 zip codes, which are stored in 2
different tables.  I am stuck on the part of getting 2 columns(Longitude &
Latitude) from one table and making them available to the query (so math
can be performed on them).  I know this can be done, but I can't seem to
figure it out.

This is what I'd like to do:

select sum(
        acos(sin(lu_zip.Latitude * 0.0174) *
        sin(dealer_LATITUDE * 0.0174)) *
        cos(lu_zip.Latitude * 0.0174) *
        cos(dealer_LATITUDE * 0.0174) *
        cos(dealer_LONGITUDE - lu_zip.Longitude) * 6371.2
          ) AS ZipDist
FROM lu_zip,dealerlocations WHERE(dealerlocations.AddrZip = '90210');

I need the dealer latitude & longitude of the dealer zipcode (passed in
via php) which is looked up in the lu_zip table (which contains the
lat/long). I think I need to use JOIN, but the syntax isn't very clear.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jeremy Friedman
[EMAIL PROTECTED]