From: Paul DuBois [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: den 30 maj 2001 03:28
To: David Lidström; MYSQL LIST
Subject: Re: Binary

At 9:16 AM +0200 5/29/01, David Lidström wrote:
>  Is there some kind of pattern in fields containing
>  binary data - so you can be sure that is really IS
>  binary!?
>  I.e. if I in my database have a BLOB-field and
>  sometimes  write a string, and sometimes a file?!

Given that a file can contain ordinary string data, it's difficult to
know how to answer your question.  What's your definition of binary
data?

One way to solve this would be to add another column to the table
that you set to explicitly indicate what kind of information is
in your BLOB column.  Then you wouldn't have to guess.

--
Paul DuBois, [EMAIL PROTECTED]