My client got a strange problem today. Mysql returned err no 1205.
lock wait timeout exceeded. why? this error occured while updating the
record. This error isproduced for a single record. I have checked if
that record is in use while updating etc., but this record is not in
use.
I wait for some time again try to complete ithe operation. but isn't.
Then I duplicated the record with new rimery key Id and then deleted
the first record. Then changwd the new Id to old id. and it worked
well.
I can't understand why theabove error occuerred and the solution to it.
can you please help and give the details.
Thanks and regards
cpk

--
Keep your Environment clean and green.