Hi,

Ananda Kumar wrote:
Hi All,
Is it possible for us to know if a sql is doing HIGH PHYISCAL or BUFFER
READS in mysql, something we can do in ORACLE.
Just wanted to know, for the sake of sql tuning.

I am no Oracle expert, so I'm not sure I know exactly what you mean. However, MySQL does expose many status counters and variables. Learning them all and learning how to make sense of them is a chore. Measuring them effectively is also somewhat tedious. I wrote MySQL Query Profiler to help me with this. As far as I know it is the only tool of its kind. You can get it from http://sourceforge.net/projects/mysqltoolkit/

Baron