Hi,

I never heard about an Oracle's counter named HIGH PHYISCAL. But if you
think about "Scattered Read" / "Sequential Read" / " buffer busy waits",

You can begin by reading this article:

http://dev.mysql.com/tech-resources/articles/mysql-query-cache.html

Geoffroy.

2007/6/2, Baron Schwartz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Hi,

Ananda Kumar wrote:
> Hi All,
> Is it possible for us to know if a sql is doing HIGH PHYISCAL or BUFFER
> READS in mysql, something we can do in ORACLE.
> Just wanted to know, for the sake of sql tuning.

I am no Oracle expert, so I'm not sure I know exactly what you
mean.  However,
MySQL does expose many status counters and variables.  Learning them all
and
learning how to make sense of them is a chore.  Measuring them effectively
is
also somewhat tedious.  I wrote MySQL Query Profiler to help me with
this.  As
far as I know it is the only tool of its kind.  You can get it from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mysqltoolkit/

Baron