Gerald L. Clark wrote:
Ben Clewett wrote:
Dear MySQL,

I'm running 5.0.26 through Heartbeat. Which seems to work well, even as a replication slave and Heartbeat continously stopping and starting the server.

The Heartbeat moves MySQL around from server to server when a failure occures. I am trying to find a way for MySQL to report the server host name on which it's currently sitting. Without any luck.

Would any kind members know of a way of getting this information from MySQL?

Many thanks,

Ben

Heartbeat moves the IP address around as well as the services.
Your hostname should not change.

DNS won't change, but the server's /etc/hostname will, right?

Disclaimer: I'm no expert on this... I didn't even know the IP address moved too. I should read about Heartbeat.

Baron