Hello All,

I want a clarification. Whe run a forum wherein people send messages
with/without attachments. Attachments may contain images, documents etc.. We
are actually storing the attachment in a blob column. Sometimes the attachments
are big. And today the table size has grown to 40 GB. This has created a
headache for any maintanance task, backup, restoration. etc.

I want to know whether this is the right approach. Or should we actually store
the attachments in directories and just stiore the attachment path in the
database.

Kindly suggest the best approach so that I can reduce the database size.

Thanks in advance