On 6/26/07, Brown, Charles <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

The MYSQL general query log does not include timestamp of queries that
it logs because queries are logged many many seconds before they are
executed.

Which version of MySQL are you running? I'm running 5.0.22 on my
desktop, but I'm fairly sure that older versions included timestamps
in the general query log.

I just enabled mine to test this (by adding "log = /var/log/mysql.log"
to /etc/my.cnf") and it looks something like:

070629  8:17:44       6 Connect     [EMAIL PROTECTED] on monitoring
                     6 Query       set autocommit=0
                     6 Query       select * from urls where active="y"
070629  8:17:45       6 Query       INSERT INTO results VALUES
(NULL,5,now(),0.5833,35267)
                     6 Query       INSERT INTO results VALUES
(NULL,6,now(),0.0137,0)
                     6 Query       INSERT INTO results VALUES
(NULL,8,now(),0.7762,28130)
                     6 Query       INSERT INTO results VALUES
(NULL,9,now(),0.0348,4217)

-- Alex