On Wed, 2007-06-27 at 20:07 -0400, Eddy D. Sanchez wrote:

> Hello Everyone.
>
> I want to scan a large quantity of books and documents and store
> these like images inside or outside a database, I want use mysql,
> anyone have any experience with this kind of systems, can you suggest
> me an opensource solution ??

I've considered doing this, from time to time, in an open-source CMS. I
posted ... somewhere ... maybe here ... about a year ago, suggesting
that if someone was interested I might hack one up. No-one seemed
particularly interested. Anyway, my intention was:

 - implemented in gtk2-perl
 - cross-platform
 - store all images on a file server
 - allow user to create categories & filter etc
 - produce thumbnails of popular image types ( including PDFs )

It would be a pretty simple project - a couple of days of work, maximum,
for a pretty polished product. Let me know if you can't find anything,
and I may ( time permitting, and I obviously can't do it here at work,
or it wouldn't be open-source ) have a go at it.

--
Daniel Kasak
IT Developer