Thanks for your answer.

I'm searching an opensource project (based on mysql obviously) that I can hack for my needs, but if I can't find anything, I must make one, my intention for technology is:
-Java for application server and framework
-store all image on a file server or into database like binary files (any sugestion)
-user management policies
-client interface for scan documents and storage on a database
-any server for document consulting

This application should be opensource.

If you want participate just tell me, for hack one or develop from scratch.