I have created a new table, with an auto_increment value.  I would like the
first auto_increment value to be 1001. So I -

1) inserted a fake record with an id of 1000
2) alter table tblname auto_increment=1000 (with and without a fake record)
3) alter table tblname auto_increment=1001 (with and without a fake record)

Mysql  version is 5.0.38 using MyIsam tables.  Can someone explain
auto_increment, more than what is in the manual?  I have read it, and
apparently I am missing something or don't understand it.   Thanks!

--
Andy Carlson
Gamecube:$150,PSO:$50,Broadband Adapter: $35, Hunters License: $8.95/month,