While I was away from the Internet, it struck me that the problem has to do
with a "python egg", not, as you mention, with MySQL.
  Thanks,
  Pat

Baron Schwartz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Hi,

> First up, the sites were working fine until the old server went buggy. I
> hadn't worked on either of the shopping carts, so they should have been fine
> when I transfered them over. No, I'm confident there is nothing wrong with my
> code, etc. I suspect it has something to do with copying over the database,
> which was strange. Certain databases didn't copy over for some reason, and I
> had to install them manually. Plus, the permissions database (whichever that
> is, forgive my ignorance) didn't copy and I just recreated it (that is,
> created the correct user gave the permissions to the proper databases). Now,
> here's the output from mytop:
>
> 2 mysqluser localhost mrtableclo 0 Sleep
> 14 root localhost test 0 Query show full processlist
> 4 mysqluser localhost mrtableclo 6154 Sleep
> 3 mysqluser localhost mrtableclo 9210 Sleep
>
> So, apparently it's asleep. How do I wake it up ;)

'Sleep' means the connection is idle, waiting for a query. You have a
connection that has been idle, waiting for a query, for 9210 seconds -- that's
about 2:30:00. Is your website running a query and then getting into an
infinite loop on the result, or do you expect a connection to be held open this
long due to connection pooling or for some other reason? If your application
closes its connections after rendering the page, you shouldn't be seeing that
unless there's a connection pool. You also have a connection that just finished
a query and has been idle for 0 seconds. That may or may not mean anything...
you know the code. But it doesn't look like anything is wrong with MySQL, so
you're probably on the wrong list and need to address it with Zope or whoever
else is responsible (sorry, I don't know much about the technologies you're
using).

Baron