Hey all. I have a bit of a problem. We are upgrading from ver 4.1.x to 5.0.45.
That's not the problem :). The problem is that MySQL recommends dumping and
importing your data when doing this upgrade to make sure that things go as
smoothly as possible. We have quite a bit of data spread over multiple servers.
We have slaves off each master server and the plan is upgrade the slaves and
then make them the masters.

The problem is that I am realizing that this dump/import is going to take hours
and in some cases days. I am looking for any way to speed this up. Any
suggestions?

Thanks,

Keith

--