From: Alice [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: den 31 maj 2001 09:24
To: MySQL
Subject: password assign for localhost

at the moment, i am still connect to local host without a password.
i did try to using query to update the MySQL db and update the user table on
it for the user where it is 'root'
my asp prog did connected to my db which have the connection string that the
password is blank.
but with the connection string (blank password), i still can update my db
after i modify the root password.
If i make u confuse, let me describe more further ...
originally, my root 's password is blank, and i used this connection string
"Provider=MSDASQL.1;Persist Security Info=False;User ID=root;Data
Source=abc"
to connect it with my asp prog,
later i reallize i should put the password for it, then i update the root
password with this query,
update mysql.user
set password = 'abc'
where user = 'root'
then i run my asp prog, somehow i still can have processing in my db, update
, delete ..
i wonder it shouldn't allow me to do that since the connection is no longer
correct..
coz my password already been changed !!
WHY ???